Monday, February 16, 2009

Yea!! Boo, Hiss!!!

The plumber came today to install the faucet on our new sink. We have been doing without a kitchen sink for the week that they remodeled, but thought today was the day we did not have to wash dishes in the bathtub any longer. I was so charged, I would have volunteered to wash them. It only took the plumber three seconds to tell Ron he bought the wrong kind of faucet. Ron protested that the salesman at the store said this was the best for this sink, but as it turns out, we need a faucet with three hoses for our hot water heater. Why? Nem tudom! I don't know. While we had the plumber captive, we had him look at our other hot water heater. There has been a leak somewhere. Big mistake! It needs replacing. Miracle upon miracle, he is returning tomorrow to do both the sink and the hot water heater. Ron went back to the store he bought the faucet at, after some English/Hungarian interchange that neither he nor the service desk understood, they gave him a new faucet and a refund for the difference. Okay, I am not washing dishes tonight. Afterall, Ron has it down to a science by now. Anna, our kitchen remodel interpreter sent an e-mail asking that I spell out for her what I want done to complete this job, also jabbing that I should be so very grateful it only took one week to do all that they did. Personally, I want to cast all of them in bronze and build a religion around them, I was so impressed. What I did instead was take detailed photos of all of the little things that need to be corrected, labeled them 1-11 and sent them to her with instructions in elementary vocabulary, hoping there is no miscommunication this time. At times, I think I am repeating myself, but no one is listening or those who are do not speak English. It reminds me of an old FAR SIDE cartoon. The guy is saying to his dog "Good Ginger, you are such a good girl. I love you Ginger. You are so sweet, Ginger." What the dog hears is "Blah, Ginger, blah, blah, blah. Blah, blah, Ginger...

Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment