Friday, April 16, 2010

Drawing More Than Conclusions

What does a teacup, a sponge, and a journal have in common? If you try to draw any conclusions from this, you are getting warmer. Those are the first three things that Ron had to draw during his first art lesson.

There is an ex-pat teaching art to adults. Ron is has not had any training has always been an exceptional artist, at least for as long as I have known him. He had talked about taking drawing lessons before, so when I saw the ad, I convinced him the time has come. The 'course' is for six weeks, once a week for 1 1/2 hours. Last night, there were only 2 students in the class that was supposed to have 4. 

I had so much fun shopping for his art supplies, you would have thought I was taking the course. I took drawing in college as an undergraduate, but realized that fiber art is more my speed. I wound up with an Associate of Arts degree in Art. However, it has always been my dream to be able to draw well. If I get to do it through Ron, that will satisfy my needs just as well.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment