Sunday, May 24, 2009

Taxi Drivers Love Tourists

If I had kept track over the years, I could write a book about the things guests do that are bordering on funny. Well here is another one. The same guest who called in a panic for a room, was going out today, but wanted to be back at 5:00 to catch his train to Stuttgart. He reserved a sleeper. When he went out he told me where he was going and asked for directions. Three tram stops, just three tram stops, no more. Fine, he got it. At 5:15, I was wondering where he was, but his luggage was still here, so he did not disappear. At 5:40, he comes in furious. When he returned on the tram, he accidentally got off at Blaha Lujza ter, one stop too soon. He said he knew he was close, but could not find way from there. He jumped into a taxi. For the unknowing, we are 1 1/2 blocks from Blaha Lujza ter. The only reason we do not recommend it is because you have to go under the street where the metro is to cross the street and it is confusing. His taxi ride cost him 4,500 Huf ($22.58). He said he kept yelling at the driver that he knew they were going in the wrong direction and that he was being cheated, but the driver did not speak English. I had all I could do not to laugh. The moral of the story is read our website. I advise against taking taxis from the street.

Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment