Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!


One quick post before our guests start to arrive, this is the day to give thanks and I want to do that. In no particular order of importance I want to say that I am thankful for all of this.

  • I am thankful for all of my friends who have been by my side through the good, bad, and the ugly. Some of the ugly could have scared off any lesser person, but they were right there any time I needed them.
  • I am thankful I get to live in Europe. My gene pool was has European springs feeding it.
  • I am thankful Frommer's editor Stephen Bassman found me thought this blog and asked me to be their Budapest and Hungary author multiple times.
  • I am thankful for my students who study diligently making me feel like I am doing something purposeful.
  • I am thankful that my writing seems to be appreciated with over 3, 000 page views a month.
  • I am thankful for finding Nigel Hancock, a wonderful friend, though we have never met. Nigel has been a pillar and mentor for Ron's and my BudaBaB website and for the new and soon to be released Life Coaching website. Without Nigel, I would still be wading through Joomla for Dummies, feeling like what was really needed is a Joomla for Dunces version just for me.
  • I am thankful that even with age, I am still able to do Pilates. Okay, it is more strenuous than twelve years ago, but I can do it. 
  • I am thankful that Ron is young and limber enough still to go to yoga, even if he grumbles after each class.
  • Most of all, I am thankful for having Ron in my life for the last eighteen plus years. Without him, I wouldn't have had the motivation to visit half of the fifty plus countries that we have traveled to. 
For those of you who celebrate this holiday, regardless of the country you are in, Happy Thanksgiving. 
For those of you who do not celebrate this holiday, I wish you a fabulous day.
Enhanced by Zemanta

Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment