Friday, December 15, 2006

I have to order books from the States for the classes I teach here. I usually spend anywhere from $150.00 to 200.00 each semester to get books for my courses. This semester, I ordered another six books and all arrived except the one for the new American Culture Survey course. This is the course for the new freshman, a lecture course. Since I have not had to lecture for some years now, I needed a book that was set up nicely into readable chapters. The course could have anywhere from 150 to 300 students in it.

The book was ordered October 25th with a 4-6 week arrival date. As of the last day of teaching, it had not arrived. In a panic, I went book shopping to every English language bookstore and those that sold English language books. I hit ten bookstores on Friday and was dismally disappointed at the void of available materials. At one university bookstore, I found a poor substitute. If the original book doesn't show, it will have to do. The days are ticking away until we leave and I really don't need this stress when there are so many other things that could be occupying my time and energy.

Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment