Monday, December 04, 2006

From Aniko

Dear Dr. James,
There are no words that would be enough to express how thankful I am.
It must be hard to keep everything going based on what you wrote and I apologize for adding to the clogging of tasks.
You may remember what I said when we met late summer that I hope there is a good reason for me to do this extra term:) and now I know the reason.
I had to read these texts assigned, esp in the ethnicity class to get rid of a burden I had been carrying with me for a long time. There were things about my childhood that were left unspoken, hurts and feelings that never got comforted, and now it's out, which is a great thing.
One of the reason I chose humanities for my university studies, despite the fact I had always been better in sciences is because of teachers like you. Not because you make exceptions and are always helpful, but because you are interested in the whole person, and you don't just look at someone from one perspective. I know you make people work hard, but it is a work that builds and adds to the quality of that person.
So, thank you again for this term and all your efforts invested into my shaping:)
I appreciate everything you are doing for us, students!
Best regards,
Aniko

Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment