Friday, October 07, 2011

Autumn Leaves

Until today, the temperatures have been in the mid to high 70s. Those of you in Celsius land, you can either do the math or click here. As I walked to my hairdresser today, I noticed that suddenly and almost with a vengeance, the leaves were dropping from the trees. It was like the end of a dendrological love affair that has gone violently awry.

In tribute to this change in weather and to bring a spark of American culture to your attention, I want to present a famous singer from many decades ago. Doris Day was the first entertainer of any genre that I came to know as a child. My parents had all of her albums as they came out. She was also an actress of great fame, often starring with Rock Hudson. He was the first male actor that I was totally aware of, because I had seen every Day-Hudson movie there was more than once. This video that I came across is triply special, Doris Day sings about Autumn Leaves, and there are many shots of Rock Hudson as well. Enjoy!



Enhanced by Zemanta

Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment