Saturday, July 24, 2010

Writ'in the Rails Again

It was over a year ago when my editor for the Frommer's Europe by Rail book told me to stay close to my e-mail while on my winter vacation. She had anticipated signing up her authors for the next edition. When my winter break was over followed by my spring break, I finally sent off an e-mail asking "Que pasa?" 

Each book has a different editor, so I get a chance to work with different people making this a rewarding job.


By that time, I didn't need to have a degree in economics to know "it is the economy, stupid." or rather "it is the stupid economy." Which ever perspective, Frommer's and Wiley Publications were holding off on a new edition even if it should have come out for 2010.

Well, my saintly editor received some funds for a rewrite of the book. They thought they would have to do an in-house revision, but they will use authors after all. For me it means I will be doing the rewrite of the Hungary chapter for the 4th edition of the Europe by Rail book. Look for it sometime in 2011 is my guess.
Enhanced by Zemanta

Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment