Thursday, June 10, 2010

Like a Stationary Bike

There are times when I feel like I am on a stationary bicycle, pedaling fast and not getting anywhere that I want to be. When times like this occur it reminds me of why people use life coaches. Coach, coach thyself. 

I thought I had come up with a great theme color-wise for my new website. Drawing on a Hobbit theme, the greens were spectacular, the decorations were simple, but great, yet best of all there was a rabbit hole full of metaphors to associate with it.

The one website designer who I have worked with for a number of computer issues, wanted $1,200 to $2,000 if there were no complications. From past experience, I know there are always complications with them, so that idea was nixed.

I can see the site in my mind, I just cannot execute it into html coding. Now, the designer I was just introduced to looked at the template I started with and called it cheap. We have some work to do, starting with his fees and we may or may not progress from there.

In the meanwhile I am getting Photoshop lessons on Saturday to snazzle up some of my old pictures. Out of the 6,000+ on my computer, thus far I have found about 200 that would be worthy of decorating a mug, mouse pad, greeting card, or t-shirt using a POD company. POD is print on demand. A few of them offer the creation of a virtual store where you can upload your photos or art, advertise your shop and they print the order as it is ordered handling the shipping too. Nifty!
Enhanced by Zemanta

Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment