Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Laundry and Photos

Laundry and Photos I was up by 7:00 am, showered outside, and woke Ron by 8:00. We were going to bring our laundry to the laundry service and needed to be there early for same day pick-up. All of our dirty clothes were gathered and this included all but what we were wearing. The service goes by weight so ours came to 35.50 Rand ($5.50). It would be ready by 1:00 pm. We went to the Sidewalk Café, which had just opened, but the food was only warm and not as good as the first time. After a quick stop at Spar for groceries, we headed home again. I had to take a nap. I had hardly taken any and with my poor sleeping habits, I was overdue. Ron had filled his camera’s memory card. Don was going to download it for him, but he did not have the right connection to do it. We walked down to the Gardens Shopping Center to have it done at a photography store. It took us some time to find the place; it was not listed on the directory. We went into a copy center to ask and they said they perform that service, so we left the card and went to the restaurant for a coffee and a piece of cheesecake. When we returned, it was done, but the guy had not deleted the photos from the card. He wanted Ron to see the photos were on the CD before he deleted them. It only cost 35 Rand for this since we had our own CD Rom. I asked the guy about the tool he used for downloading and he showed me a 12 in 1 photo reader. He said I would be able to get one at the Kodak store in the mall there. After a lot of hunting, we found the Kodak store and I bought one to bring back. This will save lots of time and hassle downloading the pictures from both of our cameras. It was 249 Rand, but will be worth every Rand in the future. I started keeping all of my receipts separate so we can claim VAT back at the airport. There is a little store in the Gardens similar to a consortium gift shop with unusual items. We found some more little gifts for just a couple of dollars. There is also a Pick and Pay grocery store there, so we picked up some things and then called a Rikki. We had the Rikki take us to the Laundromat and picked up our clothes and then walked back to the house from there. Our plan was to go to Table Mountain at 6:30 pm and stay for sundown. However, the wind picked up yet again and the tablecloth appeared. We could not see the cable car running, so tossed that idea. Our chances are becoming iffy as to whether or not we will make it up there. We bought steaks again for dinner. Ron had wanted fish, but we found out that grocery stores do not sell fish. You have to go to a fish shop for fish alone. We decided to see “The Constant Gardner” and asked the Pinnocks if they would like to go also. Don had returned to work today, so we were not sure if they would, but they said yes. We went to the Labia Theater. What a name. No Ovaltine with Horlix tonight, it was too late on a work night for Don.

Pin It Now!


Post a Comment