Monday, March 22, 2010

The Good, the Bad, and the Somewhat Attractive

Good News: The functional part of the bathroom is completely finished as of today. The plumbers returned to put on the shower door. They had to wait three days for the glass brick wall mortar and grout to dry and harden before they could mount the door. Other good news, the cabinet maker came yesterday, on Sunday, to go over the plan I drew for the custom cabinet that will go on the wall.

Bad News: The shower cannot be used until 11:00 am tomorrow morning. I have to be at school at 9:30 am. The sealant needs the 24 hours to set, without exposure to H2O.

Somewhat Attractive: The bathroom as a whole. It is not what I was planning in my imagination, but is not repulsive either. I can live with it. Now that we don't have a tub any longer, I have cravings for a bath. 

Old Bathroom Look
One of my pen-pal buddies just mentioned that his partner had to take sitz baths with Epsom salts. Opps!

I just don't have enough light in there to show the true color of the light tiles. They are almost white with a faint coral pattern in them. They do look darker in these pictures.

Here is the "old" bathroom with pictures of the new and improved one below.

The timing was excellent. We have a family of four coming tomorrow afternoon.
New Look 1
The wall tile is really much lighter than it looks here.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment